On Monday, 3 August, 2015, we will begin making transfers to the groups already in the field helping the natural disaster victims, namely Daw Khin Kyi Foundation and Wai Lu Kyaw Foundation. We are also in touch with other groups who are heading to disaster areas. Please click on the "Donate Now" button if you wish to send donations. Thank you so much!
- Approximately 156,000 people were affected by flood throughout the country, particularly in Sagaing Region, and Kachin and Shan States.
- Flooding have also been reported in upper Rakhine, lower Chin and Kayin States.
- Myanmar’s Relief and Resettlement Department (RRD) reported 27 death due to the incident.
- After visiting the affected sites, on 31 July, President Thein Sein issued a statement declaring natural disaster zones in Chin and Rakhine States and Sagaing and Wagway Regions.
- Local authorities, ministries and departements, military and police as well as local and International NGOs are responding to the situation to provide assistance.
- Based on the Myanmar’s Meteorology and Hydrometeorology Department, above normal rains are expected to happen in the next days in Bago Region, Kachin, Shan, Rakhine, Kayin and Mon States.